Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Here I go again

After spending a considerable time unpacking and replenishing the camper and self, I can start with the experiences of the week up country. It was a good week except that I broke the tips off 2 LL Bean rods, snapped my new polarized sunglasses into 2 pieces and awaking to and 1/2 inch of snow on the First of June, snow is NOT a good thing at this time of year. But now warmer weather has landed, the 2 rods have been replaced along with the glasses so now I am ready to head off again. It probably wont be for a few days. I have been asked to tye up some of the little green monsters we caught fish on. I am glad to do it and hope they are as lucky as we were. I just have to find the time.
I cant say enough about customer service at Bean's. They were great and very helpful. No questions asked, of course i had to add the fish story that went along with the tips breaking along with a picture. Maybe that was what turned the tide.
I do have something to say about the wind power project on Kibby Mt near Eustis. These guys have no idea what they are doing to the environment. I realize they are there to do a job but at least have a little respect for those who live there and use this area for work. I guess the future is totally up on us but this area of Maine is one of the last wilderness areas where deer, moose, rabbits and wild trout and land lock salmon abound. Maybe a little consideration might be in order. So enough of the soap box. I am not a political person but somethings just have to be mentioned.

This the best pattern I know of and tye myself. It works

I have not heard much from the Rangeley area in the last few days but i would figure it is about time to consider Blue wing olives and maybe even a green drake or two. There is a small but furious drake hatch at the north end of Little Kennebago. The locals know of it but seem to ignore it, but if anyone has ever sat in the middle of a good hatch with the right fly, trust me it is a fun way beyond anything you have ever seen. So until I get thru the "Honey Do List" from the wife I will have to just tye flies and sneak off when I can. I still have many stories and guides calling me with new adventures so you should be entertained Be safe J

No comments:

Post a Comment